Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pilgrim soul

In his poem "When You Are Old," William Butler Yeats wrote the lines,

How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true;
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you...

And what does it mean to find, see, hear, love the pilgrim soul of another? I have an inkling that what I share with my closest friends and sisters is that kind of love. And every individual I've ever met at the soul level has proven to be a pilgrim soul. So I say to you (and you know who you are) I love the pilgrim soul in you.

From a gray morning, skies cleared and sunset is soft and pink in the sky. No burning edge to a gray, hard cloud this evening. Here is the young, agile cat, so supple, always precisely where she aims to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment