Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Friends

Russian olive blossoms began to scent the air over the weekend. How astonishing that they're wide open already. Their scent so sweet, distinctive, fleeting

The dogwood show is as thick on each individual tree this year as I think I've ever seen it. So many native dogwoods have been lost from our woods to blight. Yet the remaining ones shine.

My neighbor and I shared a lovely walk this morning. This afternoon, a gentle rain. We need the rain so badly, even this little bit helps. Yet there were some fields I passed in Pennsylvania (on my way to and from Willow Valley for lunch with my friend Ruth from high school) where grass mowed for hay was being damaged by the wetness. Harm and bounty both in the same drops.

The fox strolled by earlier, its coat looking thick, dark and light gray and red, and now a deer dashes across my view, one animal only, in full, leaping stride.

No comments:

Post a Comment