Monday, July 9, 2012

The Love Remains

All things work together.  How we interlock and slide apart and fit together again like puzzle pieces forming and re-forming the picture, over and over shifting to the next new pattern. Designs complex and complete and never static, like the tumbling flow of configurations in a kaleidoscope. 

Where is God in 1+1+2, asks the physicist/author Jena Levin in her book A Madman Dreams of Turning Machines. Mathematics is indifferent to human drama, and so is the natural world. And yet we, a part of the natural world, are often not indifferent to the experiences of our lives.

My heart is comforted by my deep roots in the world of All There Is where death and going on with life are both held gently, maybe indifferently. Allowed, and we cannot know the whys and wherefores. I hold the love I have known in my life, hold it in some inner cauldron. I siphon off pain, so the love remains. The Love remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment