Friday, March 9, 2012

Spring Forward on Sunday

This astonishing warmth, so early, and four of the daffodils are already blooming, ones I planted just last fall by the huge poplar near the drive north-west of the house. I see them from many of the windows as I move through the hours. They're lovely, and one of the few flowers the deer don't eat. Also, on the south side, giant crocuses, and more every year are popping up at unexpected places in the lawn where little critters planted them. The critters dig up from wherever I planted, and replant as they choose, don't you know. Such a fun surprise, every spring, to see what has wandered to where.

So many things that are not my stories to tell, yet here I stand close enough to feel the tsunami waves of experience washing over. Days are lengthening and life is short, and long, and it's what we have. So I give thanks for all, thanks for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment