Saturday, November 24, 2012

Courage

Fear is my deepest, most intense, most reliable response. 

My most powerful, profound desires are for compassion for myself and others and connection with my whole self and with others. 

The most courageous thing I do every day is to find the opening to allow those deepest truths around and beyond the dam of fear, allow compassion and connection into the overt flow of my life.

I conquer fear often, now. I will never win any medals. I will never even be called courageous, or any of those glowing words that mean the same thing. I will never be held up as the example. 

My struggles and victories, right here in my obscure little plot of place, are the example of how every invisible one is called to bravery in her own life. You, too. And I give you, my friends, high credit for refusing to give in and give up. 

As Mary Anne Radmacher says, "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment