Sunday, February 27, 2011

Soon Spring

Yes! It will soon be Spring. Whispers of it are everywhere.

Yet I have never been this old before. This is absolutely true for every body. Every human body. And how do I experience my life except through my body? After all, mind, too, and emotions and that intangible that we call spirit all depend on the carrying vessel of our bodies. We experience nothing in this reality except through our basic physical beings. Thought and vision are not separate from body.

Duality-- and other ways of dividing up-- is useful for our poor, limited ways of noticing and examining and then learning to manipulate our reality. We would not have any of our comforts and our marvelous science and technology without the dividing up of the significant details, separating things in ways that we can really correctly observe, asking questions and discerning true, specific, quantifiable answers. I'm a big fan of science and technology.

If we fail to come back, though, to understanding that we operate in a world that really comes from a place of unity, not division, we fail to complete our work. Our world is ever greater than the marvelous advances in our science and technology branch.

I live with fibromyalgia. Though I function remarkably well, and do not go about my days, in general, proclaiming the ills of illness, still I carry it with me and always there is some degree of pain in my body. It gets heavy, old. One of the things I can clearly see from my specific embodied perspective is that though I will have the joy-- am having the joy-- of approaching spring, still my body is falling toward winter, and my personal body-held life will not return to spring.

Still, I am called on to seek the path from this place of my accumulated experience, my unique being, and continue to ask and answer the question, "What am I for?"

You, too, my friend in beloved community. You, too, might find the will to ask that question. What are you for?

Weird Al Yankovic says, "The best sign of success is to be able to make a living out of what makes you truly happy." The highest standard of success. I'm not sure if it's true, in face. Perhaps the best sign of success is to make a living in an effective way and be truly happy. Have you found how to include in your making of your way of living things that make you truly happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment