Thursday, October 27, 2011

Is There Something? For me... Yes!

Is there some Being in this world?
I say yes.
Some Sacredness that is unnameable, beyond comprehension, yet somehow known?
I say yes.
A Being whose sacred power is in force everywhere, like gravity is in force everywhere?
I say yes.

In Christian churches I was taught of a God who is
(the verb is referring to a state of Being),
All Powerful (Omnipotent),
All Seeing (Omniscient),
Everywhere Present (Omnipresent).

Now, isn't the place of God (Being) sacred?
Does it not follow, therefore, that the whole world is a sacred place?
Sacred space honored, ignored, desecrated... yet sacred...

What does it take to hold the whole world as sacred, to stand in constant relationship with the sacred presence, that presence being everywhere I could ever possibly be? Oh, how awake one must become to stay ever aware of the depth of such relationship. What conscious noticing, moment by moment, of every thought and intention and affect and effect. How is this possible? Faith. Here is my call to ever-deepening faith.

On October 22, 2011, in his online daily meditation, part of the series he titles "The Indwelling Presence," Fr. Richard Rohr writes:
"Faith is an end in itself.
Faith is not what we do in order to get to heaven.
To have faith is already to have come alive.
“Your faith has saved you” (Luke 18:42 [2])
is the way Jesus put it to the blind man.
Faith is the opposite of resentment, cynicism and negativity.
Faith is always, finally, a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Faith actually begins to create what it desires.
Faith always re-creates the good world.
Without faith, we can sink into despair.
Faith is a matter of having new eyes,
seeing everything, even our most painful suffering,
through and with the eyes of God."

(Adapted from The Naked Now: Learning to See as the Mystics See, p. 21)

(Rohr writes in paragraphs, I see in short pieces, I've added the line arrangement.)

Today, Rohr writes:
"...God becomes more a verb than a noun,
more a process than a conclusion,
more an experience than a dogma,
more a personal relationship than an idea.
There is Someone dancing with you now,
and you are not afraid of making mistakes."
(Adapted from The Naked Now: Learning to See as the Mystics See, p. 23)

A process, an experience, a personal relationship. This Being dancing with me, holding me so fully and lovingly and securely that I am no longer afraid of making mistakes. The beginners mind, the freedom to explore without answers already in place.

I say yes! Now here's an explanation of a freedom of Being within this entirely sacred world that I can experience, relate to, interact with, hold by faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment