Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bethesda Doctor Visit on a Drizzly Day with Eagles

So much of my near future does depend on what the doctor says today. This visit has become like a wall in my life, and I can't see over, under, around or through it. So the door opens this afternoon, and I'll go in by the door.

The comforting thing is, I already know that on the other side of that door lies my ordinary life, full of known elements and all cradled in the natural world so full of hope. Let me not forget what I already know.

The valley was full of eagles this morning, flying close above me so I could see their wing muscles working so beautifully. Geese flew overhead, heading south. I can't tell the resident geese from the migrating ones, though. They all hold such vivid conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment