Saturday, December 3, 2011

Order and Meaning

Frost painted the meadows overnight, grass tips glittery, which sounds sharp, yet the world looks softened as under a mesh throw. Morning sunlight fills the horse shelters. Two willow trees by St. Omer's Creek hang onto their leaves and cast bulky shadows. Trees in my woods still cling to their few last seeds, and cast thick webs of finger-like shadows.

My hope arises from my daily experiences in the natural world which includes all us humans. My stories include my search for continued meaning, and peace. 'The human spiritual longing expressed by “Come, Lord Jesus” is a longing for universal order and meaning,' says Fr. Richard Rohr in today's meditation. As mind and body deteriorate, what about spirit? We have life, we are life...

My spiritual story includes the Christian story and so much more. Years ago I set out to find the places where religions agree. That longing for universal order and meaning is deep, profound, found everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment