Thursday, December 1, 2011

Taking measure

The trees open their boney arms to all the blue and sparkle in the sky today.

One of the farmer neighbors put out a deer carcass in his field. Yesterday there were perhaps twelve to fifteen bald eagles feeding, lifting away, circling, observing from various surrounding trees (including ones I call mine), returning to feed again. What fierce wildness they carry. .

From the deck, I observed three eagles in my trees, and heard the scree of at least one in the air. Then I went inside and observed some more. When I was outside, the eagles were surely aware of my presence, but when I went inside, I likely became part of the house, not a separate entity. Those sharp-sensing regal eagles...

The eagles and I affect each other in ways none can measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment